Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Stitch Challenge #2

I fell a little behind with this one. It was supposed to be finished in early April, but better late than never! :) This is the second in a series of stitch challenges that I'm participating in over the next several months. Each piece is finished to 5" x 5" on a background of felted wool over linen.
The second challenge was as follows: use a TRIAD color scheme in combination with the CHAIN stitch. Here are my results...
I has having a lot of fun with the embellisher and didn't end up with much embroidery in this one. My colors were yellow-orange, blue-green, and red-violet. I was having a little trouble staying within only those color choices but found that keeping the design simple and letting each element be a color made my decisions easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment